Buy Local Ambassador
Permanent Part-Time (20-25 hrs/wk)
The Buy Local Ambassador is a part time position. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Portland Independent Business & Community Alliance Board of Directors in its efforts to nurture and grow the Portland Buy Local campaign and promote the mission.
We are seeking a tech-savvy, outgoing, highly organized individual to assist the board with member recruitment and stewardship, data base management, website, newsletter and social media content, event planning, volunteer and intern coordination, and other administrative tasks as assigned. This position requires a high degree of professionalism and customer responsiveness as the first point of contact for the organization for new inquiries and requests from members, partners, national colleagues, and funders. This position also requires a high degree of comfort with a variety of technological platforms, the capacity to write and speak to a variety of audiences, and the ability to work independently as well as with Board members, business members and community partners.
This person must be able to juggle numerous tasks, maintain attention to detail, problem-solve, be personable, and enjoy helping others. A good sense of humor would be helpful. And most importantly, this person must love Portland.
Skills & Qualifications:
– Passion for the mission of PIBCA and the City of Portland.
– Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable with public speaking, and proven public presentation skills a plus.
– Proven Customer Service experience.
– Strong computer skills (we use WordPress, Excel, Google Docs, gmail, Facebook, myEmma, and MediaTemple. Photoshop and desktop publishing skills a plus).
– Experience generating social media and website content.
– Ability to attend multiple frequent meetings as early as 8am and at different times of day; occasional weekend and evening availability required.
– Experience with Event Planning.
– Excellent inter-personal skills, upbeat attitude, and the ability to represent PIBCA in a professional manner with diverse constituencies.
– Self-motivated and self-regulated.
– Must have access to a car for periodic deliveries and member visits.
– Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should respond: attn Tony Cox firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Buy Local Position) Application deadline is April 1st 2015.
The Portland Independent Business & Community Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
BAYSIDE BARK / Bayside Bowl / Benchmark Real Estate / Bull Feeney's / Caravan Beads / Casco Bay EyeCare / Clark Insurance / ClickToast – Digital Advertising / Coffee By Design / CornerStone Building & Restoration / CrossFit Beacon / The Fish & Bone / Float Harder Relaxation Center / Gorham Savings Bank / Green Clean Maine / Joan Leitzer / Knack Factory / Liquid Riot / Longfellow Books / Maine Business Immigration Coalition / Maine Outdoor Film Festival / Malone Commercial Brokers / Marsh Agency / Nine Stones / Nomads / OTTO / Philip Spalding / Port Property Management / Portland Discovery Land & Sea Tours / Portland Food Co-op / Portland Downtown / Renys Department Store / Taproot Magazine / The SunriseGuide / University Credit Union / Wellness Connection of Maine / XPress Copy / YMCA of Southern Maine / Young’s Furniture