Buy Local Ambassador
Permanent Part-Time (20-25 hrs/wk)
The Buy Local Ambassador is a part time position. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Portland Independent Business & Community Alliance Board of Directors in its efforts to nurture and grow the Portland Buy Local campaign and promote the mission.
We are seeking a tech-savvy, outgoing, highly organized individual to assist the board with member recruitment and stewardship, data base management, website, newsletter and social media content, event planning, volunteer and intern coordination, and other administrative tasks as assigned. This position requires a high degree of professionalism and customer responsiveness as the first point of contact for the organization for new inquiries and requests from members, partners, national colleagues, and funders. This position also requires a high degree of comfort with a variety of technological platforms, the capacity to write and speak to a variety of audiences, and the ability to work independently as well as with Board members, business members and community partners.
This person must be able to juggle numerous tasks, maintain attention to detail, problem-solve, be personable, and enjoy helping others. A good sense of humor would be helpful. And most importantly, this person must love Portland.
Skills & Qualifications:
– Passion for the mission of PIBCA and the City of Portland.
– Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable with public speaking, and proven public presentation skills a plus.
– Proven Customer Service experience.
– Strong computer skills (we use WordPress, Excel, Google Docs, gmail, Facebook, myEmma, and MediaTemple. Photoshop and desktop publishing skills a plus).
– Experience generating social media and website content.
– Ability to attend multiple frequent meetings as early as 8am and at different times of day; occasional weekend and evening availability required.
– Experience with Event Planning.
– Excellent inter-personal skills, upbeat attitude, and the ability to represent PIBCA in a professional manner with diverse constituencies.
– Self-motivated and self-regulated.
– Must have access to a car for periodic deliveries and member visits.
– Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should respond: attn Tony Cox email@example.com (Subject: Buy Local Position) Application deadline is April 1st 2015.
The Portland Independent Business & Community Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Allagash Brewing Co. / Bayside Bowl / BENCHMARK Residential & Investment Real Estate / Bull Feeney's / Casco Bay EyeCare / Casco Bay Frames & Gallery / Coffee By Design / CornerStone Building & Restoration / CrossFit Beacon / The Fish & Bone / Gorham Savings Bank / Green Clean Maine / Joan Leitzer / Teel Law Office, LLC / Liquid Riot / Longfellow Books / Maine Business Immigration Coalition / Malone Commercial Brokers / Marsh Agency / Max Ashburn / Nine Stones / No Umbrella Media, LLC / Nomads / OTTO / Philip Spalding / Port Property Management / Portland Food Co-op / Portland Downtown / Portland Farmers’ Market / Portside Real Estate Group / Renys Department Store / Runaways Run Club / Sanctuary Tattoo / Sebago Brewing Company / Stacy Mitchell / The SunriseGuide / Tsunami Tattoo / University Credit Union / University of Southern Maine / Wellness Connection of Maine / Young’s Furniture