In attendance: Danielle Marks, Erin Kiley, Jan Beitzer, Elise Loschiavo, Tony Cox, Brianna Courneya, Mary Marsh, Thalassa Raasch, Elliott Teel, Deb Tenenbaum, Doug Johnson.
Guest: Norman Patrie
Potential new Board member – Norman Patrie introduces himself – Summer Feet Cycling, luxury bike tours catered to an international background. Entrepreneurial background. Introductions…
Minutes edit – Jan moves, Mary seconds, passes.
Treasurer – savings have dwindled in the last few months, hopefully this grant will help out.
Community bank pitch – Danielle, Jan, Danielle – a meeting with Joe. *Amy Irish *Mary Allen
Marketing – call for designers was passed by Sean. Will go live on our website, facebook, craigslist.
– Poll is out, now 44 responses…one more reminder? …finding responses interesting and we value
– Task force (Doug) – good progress, to be presented at next Board meeting
– Next meeting – Wednesday 2/26 – maybe to be rescheduled due to party
– Ribbon Cutting, etc. – Charlie, Mary Allen to speak, etc.
o Ask going on time and temp – to put our slogan up…Ben
o Share invite graphic with Board to pass around
o BUY LOCAL day!! Too late to get okayed at the city level but we can make it unofficial
o Posters will be up, send in pictures for slideshow – the ppl behind the business
o Last items for office – non slip for rug, coffee table,Beer bookcase, plants
o Playlist, local artists, Bri is on this
o Photographer – ask Andre
o Slideshow – deadline is the 21
– Valentine’s Day Local Love guide (by Deb) is out
– Allocate funds for Buy Local facebook promotion – Buy Local cc? check with Joe and Executive
Committee? – action item, motion to direct EC to discuss (Elise), seconded (Jan)
– Mixers – March CBD, April Skillfull
Membership – member renewal mailing is out. In two weeks we’ll do an email invoice again, at March
we’ll start making phone calls
– Heather sold all of prime ad space, ad rate sheets were in mailings.
– We’ve been working on revamping the member categories with the idea that less is more
o Jan moves to accept new categories of memnership for the directory, doug seconds,
– List of potential sustaining members – please volunteer to urge them to update
– Individual member list to promote this.
– Inquire about additional cost of adding a contact name field to be published on the website
Beer and Bacon – what is restaurant stipend? (Tony)
– How actually is the work going to shake out? This is still not clear. (Deb)
– Deb, Tony, Doug, Mary are nervous nellies.
– Danielle, Jan, Elise – $ could make this worth it
– Mary would like to speak with some of his partners
– Deb – check in with Sean and Maine Brewers Guild
– What are the actual stipends?
– Erin – smooth it a bit more.
– Doug – does this further our mission? Deb agrees – not local, brewers would come up from
– Let’s talk to Kristen for final approval. Erin – there is room to set parameters of what we feel
comfortable with – local businesses only, etc.
o Call Maine Brewers
o Someone else who has done event with him before
– Should we do this ourselves or pay for his experience?
– Renew today!! (refer others list)
– Our housewarming party
– new rolling membership (buck slip text)
– call for pictures of members in their space (call for action)
– reminder about PDD meeting
– Are you in the doghouse? Make up for lost time…
– We are always looking for new Board members – are you interested in joining? Also list
committees to gauge interest.
Aikido of Maine / Allagash Brewing Co. / Andrew and Debra Tenenbaum / angela adams / BENCHMARK Residential & Investment Real Estate / Bull Feeney's / Caravan Beads / Casco Bay EyeCare / Casco Bay Frames & Gallery / Coffee By Design / CornerStone Building & Restoration / CrossFit Beacon / The Fish & Bone / Green Clean Maine / Joan Leitzer / Teel Law Office, LLC / Liquid Riot / Maine Business Immigration Coalition / Malone Commercial Brokers / Marsh Agency / Max Ashburn / Nine Stones / Nomads / OTTO / Philip Spalding / Port Property Management / Portland Downtown / Portland Farmers’ Market / Portside Real Estate Group / Renys Department Store / Rich Nowak / Sebago Brewing Company / Stacy Mitchell / Summit Case Management Services, LLC. / The SunriseGuide / Tsunami Tattoo / University Credit Union / University of Southern Maine / Wellness Connection of Maine / XPress Copy / Young’s Furniture