Buy Local Ambassador
Permanent Part-Time (average 20 hrs/wk with some weeks requiring more)
The Buy Local Ambassador is a part time position with room for growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Portland Independent Business & Community Alliance Board of Directors in its efforts to nurture and grow the Portland Buy Local campaign and promote the mission.
We are seeking a tech-savvy, outgoing, highly organized individual to assist the board with member recruitment and stewardship, data base management, website, newsletter and social media content, event planning, volunteer coordination, and other administrative tasks as assigned. This position requires a high degree of professionalism and customer responsiveness as the first point of contact for the organization for new inquiries and requests from members, partners, national colleagues, and funders. This position also requires a high degree of comfort with a variety of technological platforms, the capacity to write and speak to a variety of audiences, and the ability to work independently as well as with Board members, business members and community partners.
This person must be able to juggle numerous tasks, maintain attention to detail, problem-solve, be personable, and enjoy helping others. A good sense of humor would be helpful. And most importantly, this person must love Portland.
Skills & Qualifications:
– Passion for the mission of PIBCA and the City of Portland.
– Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable with public speaking, and proven public presentation skills a plus.
– Proven Customer Service experience.
– Strong computer skills (we use WordPress, Excel, Google Docs, gmail, Facebook, myEmma, and MediaTemple. Photoshop and desktop publishing skills a plus).
– Experience generating social media and website content.
– Ability to attend multiple and frequent meetings at different times of day; occasional weekend and evening availability required.
– Experience with Event Planning.
– Excellent inter-personal skills, upbeat attitude, and the ability to represent PIBCA in a professional manner with diverse constituencies.
– Self-motivated and self-regulated.
– Must have access to a car for periodic deliveries and member visits.
– Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume with three references by email to Kristen Smith at email@example.com (Subject: Buy Local Ambassador Position) Application deadline is March 29, 2013.
The Portland Independent Business & Community Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Aikido of Maine / Andrew and Debra Tenenbaum / angela adams / BENCHMARK Residential & Investment Real Estate / The Brand Company / Bull Feeney's / Casco Bay EyeCare / Casco Bay Frames & Gallery / Coffee By Design / CornerStone Building & Restoration / The Fish & Bone / Goodwill Industries of Northern New England / Green Clean Maine / Liquid Riot / Joan Leitzer / Longfellow Books / Marsh Agency / Nine Stones / Nomads / OTTO / Peter Metsch / Old Port Magazine / Port Property Management / Portland Downtown / Portland Farmers’ Market / Renys Department Store / Sebago Brewing Company / Stacy Mitchell / Supreme Clean / The SunriseGuide / Thurstons Wicked Good Burgers / Tsunami Tattoo / University Credit Union / Vervacious / XPress Copy