June 12th Board Meeting, 2013
Board Meeting 6/12/13, 8:30am
In attendance: Brianna, Allen, Doug, Elliott, Michelle, Joe, Tony, Will, Jan, Kristen
- 1,400 surplus up until now.
- 1000 donation, two years on the books
- Our costs will exceed income – ok with current growth of org. offset by reserves
- Kristen: now we can promote our merchandise better, stronger website
- Marketing – radio is big ad, print ads, etc.
- Budget passes
Doug motioned, ? seconded
- Voted to use Local Economy for payroll processor moving forward. Tony motioned, Brianna seconded
- Also consider memic for comparable quotes etc. Tony motioned, Doug seconded
May Meeting Minutes: Elliott motioned, Allan approved
- Old Port Festival – rates are determined by member with storefront (versus non-profit rate)
- Better location in the future? Perhaps worth it for directory distribution, etc. $100 rate to be included
- Great to put together event kit in the future – specifically a branded tent ($100+)
- Boost up tent higher for better banner visibility
- Tshirt design –
- Videoport, Longfellow, CBD ordered in 2012
- 50 is minimum order – Tony will order some
- Printing through State of Mind? Unisex
- Liberty Graphics to be added to list for production quote
- Brianna will send out call for Tshirt quotes
- Tote bags – black and cover of directory?
- Kristen is on this
- Problem of sales tax – need to research this, how much this would cost us to file separately
- See Marshall and Libby for 1099 (Joe and Kristen will take this on)
- Independents Day – tent and table from OPF
- Foley’s, nametags
- Napkins, plates, …
- Volunteers from 7am-1pm
- Local bucks? No.
- Mixer – 24th at Otto’s
- need better turn-out from our Board
- Ambassador business cards
- Allen + Joan for West End
- Michelle on Riverside
- Need to clear boxes from PDD entrance
- Longfellow instead for 10 extra boxes?
Indie Biz Awards:
- We need a committee!
- Auction coordination – Board help and Thalassa. Tony will help in September
- Try for SPACE again
- October 8th or 9th? Too early? Maybe 15th or 22nd instead.
- Possible committee helpers – Bri, Will (if it is later date), Tony
- OPF recap, mixer, Independents, directories, Individual membership, national story
- Committees should be meeting ahead of time, etc.
New Board Recruitment:
- Deb Tenenbaum – not free until September
- Rob from Paper Patch – may come on in August
- Elise Loschiavo – Coast of Eden
- Erin from Flea-for-All, invite to August Board meeting
- Ellen from Dobra Tea
- Max board is 18 members
- Mobile version of site – about $2000 …is this too high?! Tony and Jan will follow up on this
- A lot is contingent on how we proceed with membership – won’t be determined until August
- Overall we need to wait until after Strategic Planning session
Consulted with BuoyLocal –Ki Smith – gift certificate at participating members. (Tony)
> Bruce Wilder, Local LMC.
> Evaluate whether this fits our mission, etc.