July 12, 2011
Buy Local Board Meeting
July 12, 2011
In attendance: Elliot, Judy, Susan, Jan, Joe, Mary, Stuart, Chris, Bill, Nancy, Kristen, and John.
Motion to accept last meetings minutes. All in favor, noting change.
- Bill reviewed budget. Cash position is strong.
- Budget for next year is based on 400 members @ $75 avg.
- Recommendation to allocate noted amount on contracted staff.
- 2012 budget was approved with minor shifts, but no changes in overall budget.
- Susan discussed the need to add staff based on review of tasks completed at the committee level.
- The board discussed the merits and needs.
- Executive Board will hold a special meeting to begin the interview/hire/contracting process.
- Stacy gave an update on the next Low-Down
- Where to get Ts and Bags
- Media coverage for Independence Week
- Welcome new members
- Jobs figures
- Other IBA news from around country
- Indie Biz Save The Date
- Video is complete
- We need someone to respond to the Buy Local email.
- Kristen, Stacy and Susan will continue to manage in the interim while we are looking for staff.
Indie Biz Awards:
- Tuesday, October 18th at Space
- Chris gave an update on marketing
- Buy Local Video is complete
- It will be posted on Facebook and website
- In light of budget cuts, we may want to revisit stance on trade (design and media) for membership
- Chris will touch base with Mary RE: marketing for Indie Biz
- We should revisit the Buy Local Bucks and do something else with them
- We should reach out to the businesses that participated and get feedback
- Stacy gave an update on the study.
- MCEP has offered to administer the survey within our budget, with some generous in-kind support.
- The question was raised about including non-members as well as competitive internet sales in the survey as well. Stacy will check with MCEP.
- Motion was made and accepted to approve moving forward with the survey with MPEC.
Next Board meeting is August 10.
Minutes recorded by J. Rooks